How Do I Join the SHC?
Our application can be found here. This application is your first step. You'll get a reply from us within 3 business days of applying.
After your receive your welcome letter email, you must:
Get a tour of the house(s) you like by contacting the membership officer listed on the house page
Attend a house dinner to meet your potential future housemates
Attend a house meeting to understand facilitation and function within the house
Be accepted by the Co-op Houses that you like the best
Schedule a Contract Signing Appointment and then sign your contract at the MSU SHC office. You’ll pay Shares and Dues of $505.00 upon signing a Contract.
Then you are a part of our community!
PLEASE NOTE : We are currently operating on a Wait List basis for many Co-op Houses for 19/20. These Wait Lists are PER HOUSE, not for any space in the Cooperative. Here is how our Cooperative manages the Wait List for any 19/20 space:
In order to be on a Wait List for any house, you must first:
1. Apply via our Cooperative's webpage here. Wait 3 business days for a response to give us time to screen your application. Applying is free.
2. If you're accepted, you'll receive a Welcome Letter that will further explain how to join the Co-op.
3. Tour the houses that you wish to be on a Wait List for : each house has a separate Wait List.
4. Get approved at the house you want to be on a Wait List for by attending a meeting and meal.
5. After having your tour card turned in, notify the Membership Officer or Member Services Coordinator letting them know you'd like to be on the Wait List for that particular house. At that time, we'll let you know the status of your place on the Wait List and what to expect.