Welcome to MSU SHC!
The Michigan State University Student Housing Cooperative (MSU SHC) is a non-profit organization providing a low-cost housing option for students at MSU and surrounding schools. The 200-plus residents are member-owners of the 15 houses in the SHC, creating a network across the East Lansing and Lansing area. Each house, ranging in size from 5 to 29 member-owners, is democratically run, with students doing the majority of the labor to keep costs down.
The Application Process:
- Apply online! Click the apply tab and fill out the application.
- Once accepted, tour the houses you're interested in! Stop by the office to grab a map.
- Go to a house dinner AND a house meeting at the houses you like.
- Make an appointment in the office to sign a contract for your favorite house!
- Voila! You are a member-owner of the MSU SHC!
Check out our YouTube channel for video tours of our houses and interviews of our members.
We still have openings for the 2012-2013 year! Click the room availability page for more info!
The SHC Office is located at 541 E. Grand River Avenue, in the Campus Town Mall. Give us a call at 517-355-8313, or come in and see us Monday through Friday, 10–5.