Expanded Eligibility for Automatic Releases of Contract for COVID-19 related reasons.
SHC has extended the eligibility for Automatic (no-penalty) Releases of Contract for current members of the MSU SHC. Proof will be required on any of these additional options.
Eligibility for Automatic Release, per SHC Code of Operations, will be temporarily expanded to include the following reasons (written documentation required):
- Primary care-taker for ill person: requiring the member to return home to fulfill family obligations.
- Foreign Government Request: If a member’s home country requests citizens to return
- Medical/High-Risk: Conditions identified by the CDC to be at higher risk for severe illness, these include (but are not limited to)
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People who have serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications
- People of any age with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] >40) or certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease.
These extensions for Automatic Release will temporarily apply until March 30, 2021.